Purchasing and Contract Management Procedure
This document provides guidance as to how your organisation will comply with legislative obligations and company requirements relating to the management of suppliers and contractors by ensuring that:
- Management system requirements are identified at all stages of the purchasing process in-line with the required scope of work or supply of goods
- Personnel responsible for managing contracts and contractors and suppliers are aware of their obligations
- supplier and contractor performance is monitored at all stages of the engagement process
- Contractor and contract employees, and suppliers of goods comply with your organisation’s processes, policies, procedures and other contract conditions during the execution of their contracted scope of work
- The overall process is reviewed to ensure changes or non-conformances are identified and addressed
This procedure does not address tendering for high risk contracts such as the supply of new assets or construction of buildings or facilities (Refer Purchasing – Tendering Procedure). This procedure also does not affect the purchase of general consumable goods (e.g. office supplies) where there is a low risk to the business.